System Transition Services
Organizations today are replacing practice management and clinical systems at higher rates than ever before. Mergers and acquisitions, the need to upgrade systems to meet new regulatory demands or simply outgrowing current systems are the key drivers of change. Chances are you will be part of an IT systems transition at some point.
Replacing a clinical or practice management system can be stressful but it doesn’t have to be. Hayes experts will guide you through the process to help you implement a seamless conversion. Our consultants are fluent in multiple languages – all major healthcare IT systems including Epic, McKesson, Cerner, GE Centricity, Allscripts, and ahenahealth. Our technology fluency coupled with operational experience allows us to provide you with a step-by-step roadmap to translate modules, workflows and key performance indicators from one system to another.
Hayes brings both revenue cycle and clinical expertise as well as deep technology platform knowledge gained from more than two decades of working with integrated delivery networks, academic medical centers and large physician practices. We work with your team to build a bridge from your current system to your future system, based on six foundational elements.
- Governance, data conversion and system decommissioning
- Goals and success criteria
- Change Management
- Project management
- Requirements planning
- Vendor evaluation and selection
- KPIs and terminology
- Integration with other systems
- Optimization opportunities
- Project timeline and budget
- Staffing requirements
- Future state support structure
- Legacy and feeder systems and interfaces
- Testing cycles
- End-user training
- Go-live support
- KPI actuals to goals
- Gap analyses
- Vendor quality assurance program integration
- Ongoing optimization plan
Legacy Support and Decommissioning
- Pre and post implementation support
- Legacy A/R work down strategy
- Data transition plan
- Data warehouse and archiving
- Decommission plan for systems and interfaces
Hayes consultants come from the front lines of healthcare and have successfully supported our clients through many system transitions. Our multi-language fluency adds value to every engagement and ensures a smooth transition so you reach your business goals.